General information about visits to our Website is collected by our computer servers, with small files ‘cookies’ that our Website transfers to your computer’s or device's primary memory or random access memory (RAM) through your Web browser (if you allow the delivery of ‘cookies’). The ‘cookies’ are used to follow the pattern of movements of users by letting us know which pages on our Website are visited, in what order and how often and the previous website visited and also to process the items you select if you are making purchases from our Website. The anonymous non-personal information that we collect and analyse is not personal information as described in the Privacy Act (Commonwealth of Australia 1998).
1. Why do we use ‘cookies’ and other web use tracking technologies?
- When you access our Website, small files containing a unique identification (ID) number may be downloaded by your web browser and stored in the cache of your computer. The purpose of sending these files with a unique ID number is so that our Website can recognise your computer when you next visit our Website. The ‘cookies’ that are shared with your computer can’t be used to discover any personal information such as your name, address or email address they merely identify your computer to our Website when you visit us.
- We can also log the internet protocol address (IP address) of visitors to our Website so that we can work out the countries in which the computers are located.
- We collect information using ‘cookies’ and other tracking technologies for the following reasons:
- to help us monitor the performance of our Website so that we can improve the operation of the Website and the services we offer;
- to provide personalised services to each user of our Website to make their navigation through our Website easier and more rewarding to the user;
- to sell advertising on the Website in order to meet some of the costs of operating the Website and improve the content on the Website; and
- when we have permission from the user, to market the services we provide by sending emails that are personalised to what we understand are the interests of the user.
- Even if you have given us permission to send you emails, you can, at any time, decide not to receive further emails and will be able to ‘unsubscribe’ from that service.
- In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Website, deliver advertisements on and through the Website, and so on.
2. What are your choices regarding cookies?
Alternatively, if from time to time we provide a cookie bot or similar functionality, you can choose what type of cookies not essential to your anonymous browsing experience you want turned off or on.